Monday, May 19, 2008

Au Revoir (So Much To Say)

Leaving Paris, I was sadder than I thought I would be. I was just getting used to hearing the language and figuring out the phrases in my head.

I was just getting comfortable.

But time goes on, I suppose. Now I'm back in the UK. I got the internet to work on my phone now (hurray!) So I can blog/write from the comfort of my bed.

As I left on the train this afternoon, I was filled with an emotion that I didn't think I would feel on this vacation, an emotion (or mix thereof) akin to regret, longing, or maybe even depression. I was rather displeased to be hearing spoken english - even if it was "proper" english. French really is such a beautiful language and I need to spend more time there. Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time. I guess I was just sad to leave so soon.

For now, though, it's Cambridge. The city is pretty and full of silly, Harry Potter-looking folk. Everything is quite nice.

Quite; nice. But not like Paris. I miss it already, even if it costs me 8 euro ($12) for a pint of heiniken, and every food dish is made of butter, eggs, cheese, and sugar!

*sigh*

"C'est la vie" or some shit, right?

Muscle relaxers and Kronenburg are kicking in. They make me write sentences like: "Melting off to sleep," and "Shadows fall forward in the setting sun."

Nighty nite.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry